New Patient Portal
Forest Dermatology now has a new online patient portal that will allow you to access your electronic medical record from our secure website. That website is encrypted to keep unauthorized persons from reading communications or information. Patient portals are a requirement of practices using electronic medical records.
Why should I sign up for Patient Portal? It will allow you to:
- Look at your medical record
- Check lab results
- Print a copy of your office visits
- Update your allergy or medication list
- Update your past medical history, skin disease history, and surgical history
- Update your occupation, workplace , and contact information
- Request a medication refill
How to participate in the forest dermatology online patient portal:
1. Request access from the front office receptionist.
2. Open a Mozilla Firefox browser. If you don't have the browser, you can search for it on google.com and download it for free.
3. Go to the URL: Forestdermatology.ema.md (do not put http or www before the URL)
4. Enter your username and password and login
5. Once logged into the secure patient portal you will have the option to change your password. It's important to keep a personal record of your new password. Our office will not have access to your new password, and if you forget it, then you'll have to call our office for a new one.
6. To create a strong password remember to use uppercase and lowercase as well as numbers or symbols. It's best not to use passwords that contain personal information (name, birthdate, etc...)